Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let God Carry Your Burdens




My nails are painted that exact color! Essie Turquoise and Caicos {here!}



By Jill Briscoe

“Bear one another’s burdens.” - Galatians 6:2


There is a time for everything, a season for this and a season for that. There is a time to bear a care in solitude, and a time to share a prayer with a friend. We need the wisdom to know when to shoulder responsibility, when to delegate, and when to cast it all upon Jesus – our incomparable Burden Bearer.
Sometimes I have to have a cry, then wash my face, and get on with it! I know I must bear the thing alone. Another day, when I was burdened beyond belief after watching a loved one suffer, a friend came to me and touched my hurt with tenderness, mending the raw edges of my helplessness. Such love brought a blessed buoyancy that helped more than I could tell. Someone cared enough to help make my burden bearable. Yes, there is a season for sorrow, a time to bear another’s burdens.
But there comes a time when only God’s shoulders are broad enough to carry the weight of my worry. Then crushing burdens become carried burdens. Yoked to Him, I can plow my lonely furrow, walk a straight path, cope with the intolerable, and figure out the impossible. Then, having been carried, I am sent on my way strengthened to help carry another. I need to pray:
Show me when to share, Lord – Commission me to carry, Lord
And teach me not to burden one of your special children, if I must bear my burden alone!


images via here, devo via here




2 comments:

Angel Court Jewels... said...

I have this hat, except mine is blue and white striped. It's so much fun to wear. Have a wonderful week!

xoxo,
Courtney

Rhonda W. said...

You write beautifully. I am touched because I'm going thru a hardship as well.

BTW I found you thru tumblr. I enjoy your pics and pinned some of your pics onto Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...