Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fabulosity

Please excuse the "prev, next" on either side of the page.  But how great is this room?  I love the quirky zebra painting mixed with the yellow and purple.

gwen driscoll


Before I leave you to your day, I want to share yet another passion of mine, reading.  I have actually never posted about my favorite pastime, which is rather surprising considering how much I enjoy it.  Here are a few must-read books that I suggest you try on for size:


Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

Cover Image

I actually read this book a few years ago after wandering aimlessly in the public library.  It is incredible, seriously.  It is about a veterinarian student jumping on a train that turns out to be a circus train and his adventures from there.  I also recently found out that they are turning this book into a major motion picture. So, I would suggest reading it before the previews ruin it!

A Piece of Cake by Cupcake Brown
Cover Image

For some reason I love reading about addiction and drugs, and gangs, and abuse.  Funny, I bet you would have never guessed that about me... Well this book is a memoir that chronicles overcoming the death of a parent, childhood abuse, rape, drug addiction, miscarriage, alcoholism, hustling, gangbanging, near-death injuries, drug dealing, prostitution, and homelessness. Now don't let this discourage you, this book is amazing and Cupcake Brown is victorious.

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien

Cover Image
(all book images via barnesandnoble.com)

Do you have a book that you find yourself reading over, and over, and over again? This is how I feel about The Hobbit.  But, here's the best part about my Hobbit obsession, I love to reread the first two chapters. I honestly can't count how many times I've read those first two chapters... I love the descriptions of the hobbit holes and their pantries and tea times. My copy is ragged from overuse, just the way I like it.

Read on.



xx,

Erin

2 comments:

mea said...

HELLLLOOOO!

I am obsessed with that Zebra painting! I wanna copy it! And I read the hobbit toooooo!

Miss you babes!

xo
MA

Chelle said...

Just stumbled upon your blog and I love it :) Gorgeous decor image, and I'm also an avid reader! Good choices :)

Xo Chelle
discoveringelegance.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...