Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Namesake - The Band's "Ophelia"

"Why did you name your blog Ashes of Laughter?"

This is something I hear almost every other day. The answer is really quite simple, I chose a lyric from a fantastic song.

 Have you ever heard the name Levon Helm? Does "The Band" ring a bell? Very recently - I've realized that not all of the general public is familiar with this marvelous musical group {totally weird, I know}. Anywho - The Band wrote a song called "Ophelia" in 1975 and it has always been one of my favorites. Watch the LIVE version below and see for yourself (shout out at 2:20)!




Also, this footage was taken from The Band's last concert ever "The Last Waltz." It was held on Thanksgiving Day and had surprise performances by Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Dr. John and Bob Dylan to name a few {talk about a show}.

Young Martin Scorsese actually turned it into a documentary called "The Last Waltz." Do yourself a favor and go watch it, amazing.





xx,




Erin



1 comments:

Shannon @nwaMotherlode said...

And now I know! Have been wanting to ask you ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...