Monday, March 5, 2012

Risky Love




“If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My father will honor. John 12:26”

“Mary brought in a pint of very expensive perfume made from pure nard.  She poured the perfume on Jesus’ feet, and then she wiped his feet with her hair.  And the sweet smell from the perfume filled the whole house.  John 12:3
When Mary poured expensive perfume on Jesus’ feet, his disciples mocked her extravagance.  “Why waste that perfume?  It could have been sold for a great deal of money and given to the poor,” they smirked!”
But don’t miss Jesus’ prompt defense of Mary:  “Why are you troubling this woman?  She did an excellent thing for me!”

There’s a time for risky love.  A time to pour out affection on one you love.  Seize it!


Someday, I can take her on that cruise.
Someday, the children will understand why I was so busy…

But you know the truth, don’t you?  Some days never come!

Write the letter.  Make the apology.  Take the trip.  Do it!



devo via here, images via here



4 comments:

Chandler said...

I love this so much. It really is how I want to live my life. You never know what will happen. If you love someone, say it! If you want to travel somewhere, do it while you can. This made my day!
XO

Anna, Oh yes! I like that. said...

The perfume passage is great. A real lesson about living for now, not saving things for best or thinking about things in terms of money rather than just the pleasure and joy they bring. Great post.

Anonymous said...

great post. seriously tho how amazing are the eyebrows in first posted photo. i want..i neeeeed

Anonymous said...

great post. seriously tho how amazing are the eyebrows in first posted photo. i want..i neeeeed

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...